Wednesday 3 June 2015

Blue on Water

I would definitely say that I brunch more when the weather is nice. So, now that you can enjoy a stroll downtown without 10 layers of clothing, it's a great opportunity to check out another wonderful downtown St. John's restaraunt. Off I went to Blue on Water, it's a great bar and restaraunt on Water Street. I've been there in the evening for drinks, and this was not my first visit for brunch either.

My dining companion and I arrived around 11:00 am and were seated in the bar pretty quickly. We were given menus and ordered our drinks. I must say, their brunch drinks were very inticing, but I didn't cave and order a mimosa...this time.

Our attendant was really nice, and the atomosphere was fun. It's sort of like a sport bar (soccer was playing in the background), but more modern and light. We both ordered the tranditional eggs Benedict with ham, although there was an eggs benny that included pickled beets - I will have to return to try that, as I love beets!



I will not lie when I say, that our brunch arrived within 15 minutes! Probably less than that, because I wasn't keeping track of the time, and we were both shocked with the speed which we received our meal. I was famished and dug right in. The hollandaise was definitely homemade, it had a great texture and was delicious, in hindsight, I probably should have ordered a little extra. The egg was perfectly poached soft, and the ham was delicious, it was sliced ham too, not a ham steak. Of course, the base was a toasted English muffin, this eggs benny had it going on. What else was I liking? The homestyle tater hashbrowns, they were crispy outside and moist inside. I especially appreciated the side of ketchup that arrived on the plate - it was a sweet touch! I won't venture to say that these hashbrowns beat out the Hungry Heart Cafe's (they had sweet and white potato hashbrowns, if you recall), but they were super tasty.

It was a very enjoyable brunch, and although we were served very quickly, we were not rushed out the door, and the longest part of the whole experience was waiting for our bill! Which by the way was $15.00.

I would definitely recommend a visit to Blue on Water for brunch. I know I will be returning, and I may have to review them again if I try the picked beets eggs benny. Blue on Water - you're delicious! Here's a 4.5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment