Thursday 16 April 2015

Happy Eggs Benedict Day!

I was informed by a friend and reader that today, April 16, is Eggs Benedict Day! Finally! A holiday I can get on board with. Naturally, I thought, "I need to have Eggs Benedict on this momentus day!" However, that plan was not going to happen. Unfortunately, in St. John's, there are not a lot of places that serve Eggs Benedict on weekdays, and there are even fewer places that serve breakfast all day - this severely limited my options for eating Eggs Benedict on a Thursday evening. Between work and other committments, it does not appear that Eggs Benedict is in my plan for this wonderful, glorious, delicious, holiday. I will celebrate this weekend.

As I cannot enjoy the wonders of hollandaise today, I will instead share one of my favorite videos of Gordon Ramsey making his delicious Eggs Benedict - he makes it look so easy! Maybe I should have taken to the stove!

Happy Eggs Benedict Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment